Life Lessons

What the Lord is teaching me right now...and probably some random comments about other stuff

Monday, March 13, 2006

Why I love my sister...a few of the reasons

Okay, so it's taken me a while to finish this post...definitely started it last Monday...so this post is in honor of the one-week-and-two-days-anniversary-of-my-sister's-21st-birthday.

Happy Birthday Carol!!!
So since today, March 14, 2006, my dear sister Carol Hannah Whitfield turns the big 2-1, this post is a tribute to her. These are just a few of the reasons why I love her (in no particular order):
  1. She whistles along to songs when she's happy (which used to really get on my nerves but now I love it).
  2. She is a little obsessed with Johnny Depp.
  3. She can appreciate a good book-on-CD (Harry Potter)...or a good reading-to (like Anne of Green Gables, Little House on the Praire, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator {those vermisous knids!}, Where the Red Fern Grows, and The Swiss Family Robinson).
  4. She enjoys reading the Harry Potter books...nothing like an HP reading buddy!
  5. She's amazing.
  6. 'Cause she's my sister!
  7. She understands that although Star Trek is dorky it still holds a treasured place in our childhood...along with pizza, milk, the Bubble head show, and other Saturday night Whitfield traditions.
  8. She is amazingly talented....move over Santino (or should I say, Chloe), Society Street Couture is turning out to be a booming business.
  9. She's from the "Westside."
  10. She loves "Forward to the Past" and "Raiders of the Lost Aardark."
  11. She's kind, detailed-oriented, considerate, laid-back, and smart.
  12. Crappy Thanksgiving! (part 1 and the dreaded part II)
  13. Hello Gorgeous!
  14. She understands more memories of childhood: the swingset, reading in hammocks in the tree, playing house on the culvert, the sandbox, riding bikes around the block, camping with the Laffittes, playing with Melanie Hampton, and Sarah McAlister, Kristy Thomas, camping in the back yard, volleyball and badmiton, Ivy, playing with the Manleys, making a fort out of those massive sticks/tree trunks from the vacant lot, the joys of the vacant lot (going down the "hill" on bikes, with a cardboard box, or on sleds when it "snowed"), My Little Ponies, going to Grandpa's lake house (the swings under his porch, the Skee-Bob, kneeboarding), the terribleness of the awkward jr. high years at Lakeside.
  15. She aims for success in her business and life while thinking about treating others with kindness.
  16. She likes pirates, music, decorating, and watching movies.
  17. Oh gosh, there are so many more reasons, which I guess I can only sum up with "I love CH because she IS CH!"

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger ~marie said...

awww how sweet! you make me wish i had a sis!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Mary Bell said...

Rach, so nice!! I am jealous that I do not get to see my "sisters" as often as I would like to. Miss ya'll.

I like the hello gorgeous part!! You forgot to mention that Carol can play the flute really well, just watch the Miss Westside pageant video, I think it is cued up in the VCR ready to go!!! :-)
love you,
mary

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger ~Hope~ said...

I miss my sisters LIKE CRAZY. I am so glad that you are close and have such a good relationship. I love you Creol and hope you had a Wonderful birthday. Thanks for the postcard. It made my day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home